1. Life Is A Highway By Rascal Flatts
2. God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
3. Body Like A Backroad by Sam Hunt
4. Girl Crush by Little Big Town
5. Workin’ Woman Blues by Valerie June
I’m not a country lover but put these on and I’ll lose my mind
I do not mind when workers expose the unfair conditions that they work in and if they are pulling the curtain back on some unsavory practices the place they work at. Expose them! But with the exception of customers being extremely rude (I kinda get those), I think that tiktoks about what people are ordering and how inconvenient it is to make it is in poor taste and absolutely should be banned. At many a jobs, I wasn’t even able to have my phone on me much less make tiktoks about the process of making a Starbucks drink or a chipotle guac. IDK once I see that people don’t like to make certain things it makes me feel crappy about ordering them. But that’s why I go to the restaurant!
We all know someone who thinks that something they do makes up their entire personality. But that's rarely the case. Allow me to rant, please!
- NOT BEING ABLE TO FUNCTION WITHOUT COFFEE... is not a personality trait: I get it, you're tired. And it's fair if you can't function without caffeine. Get yourself a coffee! But everyone is tired because we're all just doin' our damn best in this world. You being tired / needing coffee isn't unique. I promise! That's why Starbucks is as successful as it is!
- NOT WATCHING TV... is not a personality trait: I find this one condescending because it is usually delivered as "OH, I don't own a TV... but I do read" or some type of other activity that makes TV watching seem lazy. It's not! I learn a lot from TV! And I also lose braincells watching it, but it's my brain, and I've decided that's FINE.
- NOT LIKING FRIENDS/THE OFFICE/ETC... is not a personality trait: I actually do not like Friends, either. But am I going to make my whole personality about it? (The show is interchangeable.)
- BEING LATE... is not a personality trait: If you're older than 22, and still think it's funny / cute to be the "perpetually late" person in your friend group, you need to know this — your friends hate that about you and while you're running late are talking about you behind your back. You know why I could never be the late friend?
- HAVING HOT TAKES... is not a personality trait: The great thing about opinions (especially unpopular ones) is that we all have them! But just because we CAN share them on social media doesn't mean we need to!
- BEING INTO TRUE CRIME... is not a personality trait: Blame true crime's most recent rise in the zeitgeist on this one. I think 15 years ago, if you were someone really into small, niche crime blotters across the country, this actually WOULD be rather interesting. But now, saying you like true crime at a party is like saying "I like football" at a sports bar.
- HATING NICKELBACK... is not a personality trait: It's just overdone!
Who else here as Early Person Problems?
Since childhood, I have made it a practice to ALWAYS be on time — for every meeting, for every flight, for any sort of event. If it's in my calendar, I will be there, promptly.
Of course, this comes with downsides, since we live in a society that favors Late People. Some of the Early Person Problems I've had to deal with in my life:
-Coming to the meeting on time, only for the meeting lead to insist on waiting for everyone else to arrive before we start.
-Boarding my flight on time, only for the plane to be delayed because we're waiting for a few stragglers.
-Arriving to the restaurant on time, only to have to squeeze myself into a corner of a restaurant while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive, because the restaurant won't do so until everyone is there.
-Arriving to the bar on time, only to have to deal with anxiety of saving seats for my entire friend group who arrive 30 minutes after I do.
-Showing up to the theater on time, only for the show to start 10 minutes late, because we have to wait for all late people to be seated. Oh, and having to try to see over all the late people that are STILL being seated well after the show has started.
Why are we, as a society, endorsing bad behavior and poor etiquette? If you're late, you should be sacrificing all privileges — why am I being punished for following the rules?
I saw this tweet the other day that NYC is fun hell and LA is shitty heaven and it has stuck with me because it is beyond accurate. I was in NYC for 20 years of my life and it is the most amazing city. Moving to LA was weird and the first year I didn't even move 100% of my stuff across the country because I was not convinced it would stick. Now after a year here, I get it. It's not NYC and never will be. But NYC isn't LA either. The two should not be compared, they have their own separate greatness.
Even when I'm annoyed that I have a car now and have to pay $6/gallon to fill it up, and bars close earlier and finding a proper bagel has been a challenge. When I wake up and it's sunny and warm in the dead of winter and I don't even have to drive that far to see just some of the most beautiful nature and landscapes and I have a smile from ear to ear because the edibles that I picked up on my way to the beach just kicked in. I'm ok with my shitty heaven.
I hear a lot of hate for Disney Adults, and don't get me wrong, most of the time it's well deserved! But I think we're ignoring a lot of other fan-based communities that are just as wild to me. For example...
- Starbucks Cup Adults (aka the people who wait in line to buy the new hard plastic tumbler from Starbucks inside Target)
- Trader Joes Adults (you can shop there but it doesn't need to be your personality)
I love starbs and I love TJs but the ppl who are like RUNNING TO TJs bc there's a new pumpkin flavored gnocchi or whatever... *shivers*
There's a trend right now of brands spending all of $9 to get their message in my face. And I hate it.
I'm thinking of Hello Fresh's "unboxing" videos that look like they were shot with a 3rd gen android.
Or of the clip-art animated birth control ads.
These ads look like crap. They make the brands look cheap and desperate.
I get that you're trying to be economical but CMON.
If you're going to keep me from "The Dropout" for 90 seconds, give me some POLISH. Some PRODUCTION VALUE.
Not some second-hand, rinky-dink, charmless, artless, QVC / Amway, toll-free-number, directed-by-AI garbage.
Rant over. Enjoy your weekend.
Happy Mother’s Day to the moms / parents / caregivers out there! 💐
Here’s a little parenting snack to nosh on this Sunday! I was thinking about my upbringing and would consider myself a pretty straight laced kid. I didn’t talk back to my parents, I’m an only child so I think you grow up with a different dynamic… at least I did. I did get into a little trouble here and there but nothing damaging or detrimental to my future. I didn’t sneak out of the house, I’d just ask to go somewhere and tell my parents where I’d be. I knew if anything was too bad, I could call my parents for help.
When I DID do things a teenager probably shouldn’t have done (gone to house parties I said were just small gatherings, drank at said parties, never drove) and my parents found out, I would never get grounded. In fact, I was never once grounded in my life!
As an adult now, I have theories on how that’s played into my relationship with authority (my therapist has more theories than me I’m sure). But mostly, it makes me brutally honest with “adults” and authority figures — for better or worse. It doesn’t make me hide things and while honesty and transparency is great, it isn’t always the best move haha.
Curious for those here, were you a kid who would get grounded? How did it shape you and your response to that “punishment.” And for those like me, how are ya now?
When you’re ‘dating’ the whole point is to not put all your eggs in one basket. But for me, I can speak to multiple suitors for the teeniest tiniest time and then I’m off with my favorite basket. Time and time again I am shown why I should stop doing this. By the time I’m done figuring why my basket is busted all my eggs are all over the place and I have nowhere to put them! You get the point, instead of dating multiple guys I get caught up with one guy and by the time I figure out he’s trash I lost my other potential guys. And by that time my other guys are either on to new tings or offended that I cut them off. I need to learn how to date correctly.
I'm not sure if its a coincidence or if the opps are following my every move.. And by opps I mean my ex because I am the happiest that I have been in a really long time, and here his a** is floating around in my message requests. I'll be honest, a part of me did want to respond to see what he had to say but I have grown so much and I no longer feel the need to hear it. This is Aaron 2.0 and I know that all this is going to cause is trouble and confusion.. and I no longer need that in my life. I have moved on with my life and as Nene Leakes would say, "THE DOOR IS CLOSED."
-This is what growth looks like!