I have been looking forward to MMM's return for two years! My sister is coming over Friday night and we're going to watch the first to episodes. Anyway, the show always runs excellent B plots (Amy SP is a genius in this regard, the B plots in Gilmore Girls were some of my faves)... so here's what I want to see in Season 4, besides the obvious:
- Abe becomes a theater critic, and honestly, I cannot wait to see him in this role. The show starts in June 1960 and this is going to be primetime for Abe to be reckoning modern theater with his old ways. His Paris arc was FANTASTIC; I cannot wait to see what he does with his new (low paying) job
- Rose's trust. I feel like she still doesn't have control over it, right? Am I remembering that correctly? Would love to see her gain control over it, and watch how she navigates this "modern" world with her own money
- Speaking of money, we know Midge is going to be strugglin' after being kicked off Shy's tour, and we know she just bought an apartment ... I'd be interested to see the three of them (Midge, Rose, and Abe) attempt to BUDGET. Ha!
- This is a more obvious plot point, but Midge has been good at everything her whole life: she's gorgeous, talented, rich, can kick ass at Catskill's games, always knows what to say, hilarious, has impeccable taste in clothing.... but now, she's at her lowest point. I'm excited to see her at this rock-bottom and see how she pulls out of it. From the trailer, she's no-holds-barred, guns blazing, "let's get back out there!" but it can't be that simple or clear cut. She's gonna have to reconcile her accidental implication that Shy's gay ... I hope we get to see this. I know it's 1960s and it's possible the creators don't think Midge WOULD take a beat to think about her actions, but I hope they work it in somehow, even if it's a negative, defensive response! Just want to see Midge address it.
I cannot get enough of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. This show and specifically this season has been absolutely delightful. The combination of heart and humor that comes across in every scene is absolute perfection.
I put this series up there with the best shows of all time, it deserves that recognition.
Anyone else watching?
Given that there's only one more season left with Midge and the gang, I'm curious how this show will wrap up. Personally, I'd love to see a time jump. In the most recent season finale, we saw Lenny Bruce give Midge some tough love - that she needs to take every paid gig that comes her way, even if she's not a headliner. So let's jump ahead a bit shall we and see Midge with a few bigger gigs under her belt, about to go on the Gerald Ford Show!
Here's what else I'd love to see before we say goodbye:
1. Susie needs to build her management company! We need to see her break free from the mob and actually grow that roster. So bring on more magicians!
2. Joel needs to find peace. He deserves to be happy and I think the final season will be about having his parents accept his new wife (with child on the way!)
3. Would love to see Rose thrive as a matchmaker and not get murdered by the Matchmaking Mob.
4. Watch Midge become a star. Let's end the series at Carnegie Hall with her performing where we saw Lenny Bruce just tear it up at the end of this season. Let's see her take the world by storm.
Just as the title says, I was watching last season and the ep where Maisel's ex husband opens up the new club and sure enough, in the background in one of the scenes I recognized a guy I went to high school with. I did some googling and I realized he's a working actor!
Def a weird moment though...watching one of your favorite shows and seeing someone you know in the background of a scene dressed up like a comedy club goer in the 1950s.
Just watched episode 2 of the latest season and saw Tony Shalhoub in an undershirt and… dude is 68 and looking buff?? I can’t be the only one who noticed this, right? What’s Monk’s secret?