- Love Is Blind -The Most Surprising Moments From The 'Love Is Blind' Season 2 Reunion
You already know that the first thing I did when I woke up this AM was put on the Love Is Blind reunion. I did this even before making a pot of coffee and that's saying a lot for me. I have to give a huge shout out to Nick and Vanessa for channeling their inner Andy Cohen and going in on these contestants. After a season of ups and downs, we deserved the interrogation we got.
The cast has been very vocal on social media recently about their time on the show, which naturally created even more curiosity from fans. And while not all of those questions were answered on the reunion, there were a number of revelations that came out at the Love Is Blind reunion. Starting with...
- Natalie did not know about Shaina walking into the pod before Shayne was about to propose. Shayne had been telling Natalie that it was only her he had feelings for and had no idea how torn he was. Even more so, Shaina had told her that she was supportive of their relationship, so Natalie felt betrayed seeing that.
- Everyone hates Shake. Like, everyone. Which I guess isn't that surprising, but the way the cast (... and Vanessa, but we'll get to that) lays into him is *chef's kiss*.
- Iyanna and Sal were both very upset seeing the conversation that Jarrette and Mallory had in Mexico. Not necessarily surprising, but important to note their feelings.
- Nick and Danielle are still together. This actually is very surprising to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for them, but I'm surprised! And they seem very happy together, noting that once the pressure of the wedding was off, tension has floated away.
- Jarrette called Shake out for being there for, a Bachelor fan-favorite, the wrong reasons. "Everybody can see through how shallow you are," Jarrette told Shake, who continued to dig himself into a deeper hole with every syllable that came out of his mouth.
- The fight between Shake and Vanessa was some of the best television this year so far. I transcribed it because it is just too good. Consider using it for auditions and monologues.
Shake: I'll put it to you like this. And, listen, I know I'm not the most liked person on this show. But I'm going to keep it real with myself and I think this is my chance to talk, so if I may...
Nick: Please do.
Shake: It's not that different then making a huge purchase...
Vanessa:(laughing) ...No, I had to giggle because its marriage and a purchase. OK.
Shake: Marriage, think of it as the ultimate purchase, then, if you will. the ultimate commitment, if you will. Before you make this type of commitment, I feel like you have to read the fine print on that. So, when we're in a situation where the stakes are so big, I want to make sure this thing works. I wanted more than anything for this to work. And for me, that meant I knew at least a certain physical body type, to get me in the ballpark. I'm not talking about she has to be 5'2". This, this, this, this. I'm talking about I want this shit to work. If I were to marry somebody, and, you know, there was a big weight discrepancy, it would be very hard for me to get past that. And when I'm in a situation like that, I want to get past that. I was ready to get deep. I wanted to know, if we're going to do this, I'm going to make sure I do everything in my power to ask my questions. I want this shit to work. Nobody wanted it as bad as me. Despite what you may think.
Vanessa: I think you were on, if I may, the wrong show. And what I mean by that is, there are shows where they are based on their looks. And if they have a connection. But what I'm saying is you need to open your heart to a bigger picture. Because at the end of the day, what if she's mangled in an accident. What if she gains weight? What if she loses her hair, legs, and her arms. Are you not gonna love her anymore?
Shake: That's different.
Vanessa: I hope to God if I'm mangled, knock on f****** wood, this man stands by my side. And I know he will because he loves me for me. So the problem I have, Shake, is that you sat there and berated every single one of these woman physically, and then went through the process with this beautiful soul over her-
Shake: She is a beautiful soul-
Vanessa: All because you wanted someone you wanted to f***. Not fall in love with.
Shake: I didn't even do that! I didn't even do that!
Vanessa: That's the point!
- The comments Shake made about Deepti were just the watered-down version of everything he said. It came to light that Shake seemingly doesn't like Deeps at all, and continually said it while sitting on a couch, six feet away from her.
- Kyle says his biggest regret is not proposing to Deeps. This one really shook me because Kyle and Deepti weren't a thing? Or at least, once the couples were formed, didn't even seem to interact? So for Kyle to now say he regrets not proposing to this woman really confused me. Will the two date now that the show is done? Shake shared a very interesting text message to Instagram — transcribed here — which suggests that he had suspicions of Kyle and Deeps dating before the reunion filmed.
- Natalie was going to say yes to Shayne up until the fight before the wedding. The two clearly don't see eye to eye on that fight to this day, and it definitely is what's holding back their relationship from moving forward because...
- Natalie and Shayne dated again after their wedding day. According to the two of them, there was too much history that neither could let go (see above) and now the two are no longer together.
- Iyanna and Jarrette had sex in Mexico. Congrats on the sex.
I feel like they barely scratched the surface, so I guess we'll have to follow everyone on social media to get our updates. Also, luckily for all of us, Love Is Blind has already been renewed for a third season, and Vanessa confirmed that they actually already shot it as well! Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long because this show is too good.