- The Bachelor -What Happened Between Demi & Kristian? A 'Bachelor In Paradise' Timeline
Whether you love to hate her, or hate to love her, Demi Burnett is going to be gracing out screens tonight down in Paradise and based on the previews, she brings quite a bit of drama with her. I would expect nothing less from the Drama Queen herself.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, it is important to remember that Demi was on the previous season of Bachelor in Paradise. While that was a groundbreaking season for multiple reasons, at the end of the day Demi came to paradise while she was still involved with someone else. We've been giving a couple contestants shit for coming to the beach with relationships (see here and here for reference) but we can't forget that Demi was also "casually" dating Kristian when she was in paradise 2 years ago. Kristian was even brought down to the beach by production and the pair ended up leaving engaged.
Clearly they broke up because Demi is, once again, looking for love on TV. So what happened in the past two years? Here's a look back at Demi's love life...
- Sept 17, 2019: Demi and Kristian get engaged on the finale of BIP Season 6.
- Sept 20th, 2019: The couple appeared on The Ellen Show.
- October 30th, 2019: After near radio silence on social media, ET says a source described their relationship as "extremely rocky."
- October 31st, 2019: The pair released a joint statement confirming their breakup and vowing to continue to grow... individually. Overall, the breakup seems like it ended on decent terms.
- February 24th, 2020: Demi confirmed that she has a new man, Slater Davis, in since deleted Instagram posts.
- April 30th, 2020: Demi opened up about the break up with Kristian to The Almost Famous podcast saying that, "She would do anything for you, and I didn’t reciprocate that. I wasn’t as good to her as she was to me... I was kind of distant. I was overwhelmed, I was freaked out.”
- June 25th, 2020: Demi confirmed that she and Slater Davis broke up over "trust issues."
- June 28th, 2021: Demi appeared on an episode of The Celebrity Dating Game (... this probably doesn't count but adding it anyway)
So it sounds like Demi is single and ready to mingle down at the beach. Based on this preview, it seems like she has her eye on Kenny. Mari be warned.