Premium- Bridgerton -Eloise Is The Best Bridgerton Sibling, Try To Change My Mind
There are so many Bridgerton siblings that their mom named them alphabetically to keep track. (I don't know if that's actually why she did it, but man, did it make it easier for me!) And while each of the siblings — Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth — are great (to fine) in their own right, and worthy of their own book by Julia Quinn, there's one clear Bridgerton sibling that is the best.
Who might that be, you ask? Well, she can easily be considered the second coming of Lady Danbury. And if that doesn't capture your attention, I don't know what will. Erudite, curious, tenacious, and independent, Eloise Bridgerton is a modern woman trapped in the confines of Regency England. She's the tip top of the Bridgerton bunch, and I consider her the best one by far.
- She is creative and doggedly pursues her craft. Girls her age are angling for their debut in society, but all Eloise wants to do is write in her journal, read her books, and share a smoke with her fellow artistic-minded brother Benedict on their backyard swing set.
- She is aspirational. Eloise's aspirations of attending university and writing a novel make her a perfect fit for Benedict's newfound artist colony, and why she was not brought along in Season 1, I shall never understand.
- She is no simpering daffodil praying to strike a man's fancy. Eloise's reaction to Cressida Cowper's fake swoon so Prince Friedrich would catch her is so iconic that I want to use it for every reaction of disbelief I ever have. Eloise has bigger goals in mind than hoping to please a man for the rest of her days and applaud the fact he admires her physical beauty. Settling down is not in the cards for her immediate future.
- She longs for adventure and freedom. Lady Whistledown is Eloise's hero, because she lives a life unencumbered. While she sees that her older sister, Daphne, yearns to be a wife and mother, Eloise wants a different life for herself rather than a "leg-shackle" into marriage.
- She takes care of business. When Eloise wants to know the identity of Lady Whistledown, she takes matters into her own hands and launches her investigation. She continuously gets it wrong, as her BFF (and real Lady Whistledown) Penelope steers her off-course at every turn, but her instincts and Sherlock Holmes-style analyses are astute and showcase her hands-on nature to get her hands dirty and utilize her smarts, earning her a reputation as one of the cleverest in the ton.
- She is the most relatable. This girl refuses to share her candies, 'nuff said.
Even though Eloise is already quite capable of speaking her mind, she still has a lot to learn about how to deftly navigate the ton. My own hopes for Seasons 2, 3, and 4? That Lady Danbury takes her under her wing and they become London's most formidable duo.
Are you also Team Eloise? Who is your favorite Bridgerton sibling? Let us know in the comments.