- The Bachelor -8 Fun Facts About Nick Viall & His Girlfriend Natalie Joy
Who knew Nick Viall would one day be the voice of reason on The Bachelorette? He's jumping into Katie's season to help her moderate a group date discussion asking the men to open up about relationships in their lives they might be ashamed of — ghosting, cheating, etc. — and it's, um, definitely going to get awkward. It might seem weird to see Viall, f*ckboi of Bach Nation, moderate such a serious date, but he's older now, wiser. And, most importantly, Nick Viall is now super happy with his girlfriend Natalie Joy, so, he might have a better perspective on what makes for a successful relationship.
Since becoming Instagram official with Natalie in February, Nick has opened up quite a bit about his relationship, which seems to be getting more and more serious by the day. "I'm thrilled," he told E! on Monday, June 21. "She's fantastic, kind, smart, obviously she's fun to look at. She keeps me on my toes — that's one of the many things I love about her."
- How did Nick & Natalie meet? Natalie apparently slid into Nick's DMs last year. Nick called it "the meet-cute you want" during an episode of his podcast after the two went public.
- When did Nick & Natalie made it Insta official? Nick made his first official post with Natalie on Feb. 9, sharing a video of Natalie sitting on his couch, fresh from the shower with her hair in a towel. Natalie followed with a post of her own on Feb. 12, seemingly revealing a bit more about their relationship. Let me explain.
- When did Natalie and Nick actually start dating? In her relationship reveal post, Natalie wrote that she could "finally announce that I am in fact the mastermind behind the plant wall," referring to Viall's newly decorated backyard. Why does this matter? Because back in a video posted on Dec. 12, 2020, Nick first debuted said "plant wall" on his Instagram, so we know they were at least a thing back then, even if they weren't exclusive yet. (Nick said on his podcast that they weren't monogamous right away, but, after seeing her "do her own thing," he changed his mind and the two made it official.)
- Who is Natalie Joy? Per her Instagram, Natalie works as a "surgical technologist," and she'll frequently post selfies of her wearing her scrubs. She's also a model who really, really, really likes bikinis. Also, based on her Instagram, I'm pretty sure she's from Georgia — unless she just wanted a cute caption for even more bikini content.
- What are they like as a couple? I mean, I don't know them personally, but they did post this lip sync video of Justin Bieber's "Baby" so...IDK, I feel like that says a lot.
- Couples who sponcon together... I feel like we need to come up with a term for when Instagram couples officially start doing sponcon together, like this Brooklinen ad Nick and Natalie shared on May 10.
- Has Natalie met other Bach alums? Yes! Natalie and Nick went on a double date with fellow Bach alums, Jared Haibon and Ashely Iaconetti in March. Ashley called her "everything we hoped he'd find." Also, my Instagram sleuthing seems to suggest that Natalie has also met Wells Adams, as the two posted photos form a New Year's Eve party that had nearly identical backgrounds. (It could be a coincidence, but it looks too similar for that, TBH.)
- Nick & Natalie & puppy: Probably the most exciting/recent relationship update for Nick and Natalie: they got a puppy! Jeff joined the family last week, and he already has his own Instagram account.
Let's hope things between Nick and Natalie workout for the sake of that adorable pup.
Image: Nick Viall/Instagram