- The Bachelor -Katie's Pink Sweater.
I've kept my mouth shut this entire season (publicly) about Katie's wardrobe choices because I think she feels great in all of the clothes and that's all that matters. Even if I personally wouldn't match my eyeshadow to my sequin green dress, or wear a plaid cropped button down, or a collared jean dress, or beaded gown from a 2012 prom... hey, as long as Katie feels good. But when it comes to Katie's cropped sweater in Pepto pink — I have to speak out.
On her hometown — "hometown," they were still at a Hyatt in New Mexico — with Blake, Katie wore a cropped cardigan/sweater/shrug that can only be described as:
- What my mom told me to "throw on" that one time we went to Easter mass
- What a quirky protagonist wears in a rom-com while running out of her apartment because she's late for the Big Presentation
- Every sweater I bought from Limited Too
- What teachers told you to get from your locker because "you can't wear spaghetti straps" at middle school
- Save-room-for-Jesus chic
- The shell for Mandy Moore's beach party look in Princess Diaries
- What my clothes looked like after I shrunk them all my first year of college
- MySpace Top 8 worthy
If that didn't give you enough of a visual, here it is in all its cropped glory:
With all of this said, if Katie is able to get an "I love you," from Blake after wearing this sweater — while his mom wears a chic white button down with a popped collar — then you know it's real. Handle me at my worst, deserve me at my best, right?