- Selling Sunset -We Combed Through The New ‘Selling Sunset’ Agents’ Instagrams So You Don’t Have To
The Oppenheim Group is getting some new recruits, adding two new Selling Sunset agents joining Seasons 4 and 5. Vanessa Villela and Emma Hernan will be joining the Netflix reality show as the two newest models/actors-turned-real-estate-agents. Neither new cast members are currently listed on The Oppenheim Group's website, but a deep dive into Emma Hernan and Vanessa Villela's Instagrams tease some great potential storylines ahead — from family trauma to frozen empanada launches.
Based on what little information Netflix teased in the casting announcement, it looks like the show is setting up Emma as a potential villain. The tweet announcement described her as "an entrepreneur who has an interesting history with the ladies." (Personally, I hope whatever drama she's bringing to the show is with Christine. Or really anybody but Chrishell, she's been through enough.) Meanwhile, the tweet said Vanessa was a "novela star turned real estate agent" — a much more tame and non-threatening description. Then again, this is reality TV, and you never know what somebody is willing to do to ring that bell.
Bottom line: we won't know what Emma or Vanessa are up to until Season 4 of Selling Sunset premieres sometime this fall. Until then, here's everything I learned about the new Selling Sunset agents from their Instagrams.
What we know:
- She's been modeling since she was a teenager, and her Instagram page is full of professional pics.
- She was also a serious swimmer. During an appearance on Life Stories With Joanna Garzilli, she claimed that she qualified for the Olympics.
- She sells frozen empanadas. In March of 2020, she launched her own company, Emma Leigh Brands. So far, the budding chef has focused on food, with the company's first big release being frozen Plant-Based Empanadas. In the past year, she's added flavors to the line, including a pizza empanadas (yes, really), and even "dessert empanadas." (I hate it here.)
- A year after launching her company, Emma and her company joined QVC. On March 3, she appeared on the home shopping network hawking her Cauliflower Crab Cakes — 12 for $83.60.
- Her dog, Benny, will often appear in photoshoots with her. She's frequently referred to him as "her boyfriend" on Instagram.
- She uses the same makeup artist as Kathy Hilton on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Sheila Harris' Instagram has pics of her work with Hilton and Emma on her Instagram page.
What we know:
- Originally from Mexico, Vanessa speaks English and Spanish, and frequently writers her Instagram captions in both languages.
- Vanessa has had a long career acting in telenovelas — her first TV credit is from 1991 — most recently appearing in Telemundo's El Señor de los Cielos from 2016 to 2018.
- She has a little brother, and had an older sister who died — she paid tribute to her sister on her birthday, Aug. 4, writing in part, "I promise I'll honor your life and always try to have a bit smile like you always did."
- Her sister worked as a real estate agent and inspired a career shift in 2020. On Sept. 17 of that year, Vanessa announced that she had joined The Agency in Malibu, writing on Instagram, "I will dedicate my real estate career and help my clients better their lives in my sister's honor, and I know the time to do it is now."
- She designed a swimwear line with Lascivious which launched in May.
First thoughts: I'm very intrigued by Vanessa, and I absolutely don't trust Emma. Anybody who makes "Birthday Cake" flavored empanadas deserves hell.