- Celebrity News -Bethenny Frankel's New Fiancé Paul Bernon Distilled Into 5 Bullet Points
Our long national nightmare is finally over. Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy's divorce has officially been finalized after eight years — that's four times as long as their two year union lasted. And that's not all. On the same day sources confirmed Frankel's divorce was officially done, the former Real Housewives of New York City star announced she's engaged to her real estate developer beau, Paul Bernon.
As RHONY fans know, Frankel had been married to Hoppy, with whom she shares her now 10-year-old daughter Bryn, for two years before separating in 2012. They've been involved in divorce proceedings ever since. It was ugly, it was tedious, and it was featured in many seasons of RHONY. But now with a judge finally signed off on their agreement on Jan. 20, making Frankel officially free to marry Bernon.
Frankel and Bernon started dating in 2018, and reportedly went through a brief split in the fall of 2020. Unfortunately for RHONY stans, they started their relationship around the same time she left the Bravo show (for the second time), which makes him more of a mystery than Hoppy.
So, who is Paul Bernon? Well, for the record, no, he is not Hoppy's long-lost brother, though they're identical. He's actually a real estate developer and independent film producer. And "he's a wonderful person," per Frankel.
Here's what you really need to know about Bernon:
- He reportedly has two kids from a previous marriage. In that 2019 People interview, Frankel mentioned she and Bernon's "blended family" would be spending some time in Mexico together for the holidays.
- He's the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors at Emily's List, and is very involved in Democratic politics.
- His production company, Burn Later Productions, has produced a number of independent movies, including Drinking Buddies starring Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson, and Support The Girls.
- He won a Peabody Award for his work producing the 2013 documentary, Best Kept Secret.
- According to his Instagram bio, he was also an early investor into Cameo, so next time your friend gets you a Real Housewife birthday message, you can thank Bernon.
Congrats to the happy couple! And, most importantly, to the divorce lawyers who can finally take a break.