Premium- The Bachelor -Does Age Matter On 'Bachelor In Paradise'? Here's What Past Seasons Say
Season 7 of Bachelor in Paradise might just feature the biggest age range of contestants ever. So far, the Bach alums looking for love land anywhere between 23 (Serena Pitt) to 40 (Kenny Braasch). But is age nothing but a number, or should Bachelor in Paradise be left to the young, hot, and impulsive? Well, that depends entirely on what you're looking for.
After an exhausting string of Bachelorette and Bachelor seasons, BiP is an opportunity for Bach Nation to unwind and have fun. That said, thanks to its never-ending parade of contestants and constant couplings and uncouplings, it can be easy to forget that Bachelor in Paradise has the same end goal as any other series in the franchise: engagements. There comes a time every season when things have to get serious. Given how younger Bachelorette and Bachelor leads tend to leave the show unengaged (see: Hannah Brown, Jesse Palmer, Colton Underwood), I want to say that the more older contestants step foot in Mexico, the better chances of an engagement, but that's actually not necessarily the case. (Sorry, Kenny.)
Looking back at the most successful relationships to come out of Bachelor in Paradise, a lot of them began when contestants were in their mid-to-late-20s. We've got:
- Jade Roper (28) & Tanner Tolbert (28) — together 6 years and counting... They met on Season 2 of BiP when they were both 28. They're now married with three children.
- Raven Gates (25) & Adam Gottschalk (27) — together 4 years and counting... Raven was 25 when she met Adam, then 27, on Season 4 of BiP. They just got married this year and recently announced they're expecting their first child together.
- Astrid Loch (27) & Kevin Wendt (30) — together 3 years and counting... Astrid was 27 and Kevin was 30 when they fell in love on Season 5 of BiP. Though they didn't leave the beach engaged, they continued dating post-season. They got engaged in 2019 and are also expecting their first child together.
- Dylan Barbour (24) & Hannah Godwin (24) — together 2 years and counting... At 24, Dylan and Hannah were actually more on the younger side when they met on Season 6 of BiP. They got engaged at the end of the season and have been together ever since.
- Dean Unglert (28) & Caelynn Miller-Keyes (24) — together 2 years and counting... Dean and Caelynn left Paradise mid-Season 6 together to travel around in his van. Though they haven't officially confirmed an engagement or marriage, the two are still very much together and both wear rings to show their commitment.
- Ashley Iaconetti (27) & Jared Haibon (26) — together 3 years and counting... Ashley and Jared met on BiP Season 2, but they didn't actually start dating until three years later in 2018. They got engaged during a guest appearance on Season 5 of BiP, were married in 2019, and just announced that they're expecting their first child.
Taking this all into account, it's clear that the Bachelor in Paradise engagement sweet spot seems to be 25-30. That said, if we're looking at more short-term success (aka couples that are no longer together), those in their 30s have a good track record of leaving the beach engaged or in a committed relationship: