- Pelo Talk -Cody & Cheryl Will Return To The 'DWTS' Ballroom Following COVID Quarantine
Well, they never said the road to the mirror ball trophy would be easy. On Sept. 30, Cody Rigsby shared that he tested positive for COVID-19, just a few days after his DWTS partner, Cheryl Burke, announced her positive diagnosis. Like Cheryl, Cody is also fully vaccinated, so both cases are breakthrough cases. It was a tough blow to the Boo Crew who are cheering Cody on from home after he already missed a week in the ballroom due to Cheryl's positive test results. Naturally, fans were all wondering... would Cody return to Dancing With the Stars following his positive diagnosis, or was this the end of the road for the only man who was meant to perform during Britney Night?
Luckily, Cody got to fuck shit up to "Gimme More" during Britney Night, but with a tough round of scoring from the judges that landed him at the bottom of the pack, his future on the show felt very up in the air.
We at The Dipp are just as dedicated to Cody4Pres, I mean, Cody 4 the mirror ball as you are, so we're keeping an up-t0-date ticker of what you need to know about Cody's DWTS journey below.
- Thursday, Oct. 7: Cheryl reveals to fans that she is cleared to end her quarantine and Cody will be cleared to return to Los Angeles on Friday, Oct. 8. This means the two will be eligible to perform in the ballroom on Monday and Tuesday's shows.
- Friday, Oct. 1: ET reports that despite their positive results, both Cheryl and Cody will be performing on Monday's show, but in a much different capacity. Per their report, "Burke and Rigsby will be dancing live, solo from their separate homes."
- Thursday, Sept. 30: Cody takes to Instagram to tell fans that he has also tested positive for COVID and is unsure what his fate is on DWTS.
- Monday, Sept. 27 (post-show): Cody tells reporters that he will be rehearsing with an alternate pro while Cheryl is on Zoom teaching choreography, giving notes, etc. He will either dance with the alternate, or Cheryl, depending on when she gets cleared.
- Monday, Sept. 27 (during the show): Out of an abundance of caution, Cody is not in the ballroom. He and Cheryl Zoom in to have their taped rehearsal judged. They dance the Salsa and received a 24 out of 40. The pair make it to Britney Week.
- Monday, Sept. 27 (morning): Good Morning America reports that since Cody tested negative, and that he will be dancing with an alternate pro on the broadcast.
- Sunday, Sept. 26: Cheryl takes to her Instagram to tell fans that she has tested positive for COVID.
- Monday, Sept. 20: DWTS premieres. It is revealed that Cody is partnered with Cheryl Burke. They dance the Tango and receive a 24 out of 40.
- Wednesday, Sept. 8: Cody is announced as a contestant for this season of Dancing With the Stars.
We will continue to update you as we learn more about Cody's Dancing With the Stars journey.