- Bridgerton -Just Let Kim Kardashian Be In ‘Bridgerton,’ OK?
Ton of Calabasas, make haste, for one of your very own may well be on their way to London for a very special occasion, because a Kim Kardashian Bridgerton cameo is close to becoming a reality. And now that it's out there, I need Kim K to bring reality television to regency-era society.
It's no secret that Kim has been enjoying Bridgerton Season 1. And, on Tuesday, April 20, she received an official invite to join the show from Lady Whisteldown herself. After seeing how much Kim loves Bridgerton, star Nicola Coughlan declared on Twitter that "the Kardashians were a massive inspiration for the Featheringtons and we talked about them all the time during our fittings." (In case you're wondering, Penelope is definitely the Kim of the group.)
Kim immediately responded with excitement, revealing that she a) has a "@bridgerton group chat" and b) wants to come to a fitting. "It would make my whole life!!!!!! I love you Lady W!!!" she added. And, lo and behold, who should respond but Netflix itself. "Kim Featherington does have a nice ring to it – I'll see what I can do!"
So far, it seems that only a fitting is in the works. But, if Kim is going to attend a Bridgerton fitting, it really only makes sense for her to don one of Madame Delacroix's custom creations at a society event next season. It's only fair.
If she does cameo on Bridgerton, there are plenty of roles for her to play. As Netflix wrote, Kim Featherington does have a certain je ne sais quoi to it, but just because she inspired the on-screen sisters doesn't mean she has to join the family. Here are just a few ideas:
- The Featherington heir. Season 1 of Bridgerton ended with Lady Featherington receiving the name of the person who would inherit the estate, but nobody else knows who it is yet. Why not Kim?
- Colin's new girlfriend. Colin left London at the end of Season 1 to travel the world, and we already know he tends to fall fast and hard, so the idea of him returning to London with a new lady on his arm isn't inconceivable. Penelope fighting Kim for her man? Now that's something I want to see.
- The new Diamond of the First Water. Season 2 of Bridgerton will take place during the courting season, which means there will be an entirely new belle of the ball as Daphne is now happily married. I can think of no one better than Kim to take over the title of "diamond of the season."
- A dressmaker. I can think of nothing funnier than Kim playing a seamstress rivaling Madame Delacroix, taking Penelope's measurements for a custom gown.
- A model for Benedict's art soirées. Kim would be a perfect model for budding artist, Benedict. Honestly, she'd fit right in.
- Literally anyone.
At the end of the day, I don't care who she plays. Just let Kim Kardashian be on Bridgerton. Do it for the ton.
Image: LIAM DANIEL/NETFLIX; Keeping Up With The Kardashians/YouTube