- The White Lotus -Was The Pineapple Suite Worth It On 'The White Lotus'?
Shane and Rachel have been staying in The Palm Suite on The White Lotus since the day they checked in. By all accounts, it is a very nice room with a great view. That said, it's not the room Shane — nay, his mother — reserved. That would be the Pineapple Suite, the best room at the resort and home of the sought-after plunge pool.
Despite being on his honeymoon, Shane can't seem to let this Pineapple Suite thing go since he first arrived at The White Lotus. In his defense, if I booked one room specifically because of a plunge pool, then ended up in another room, I'd be annoyed too. But then you go talk to the front desk to see what the deal is, and once they tell you that it was a mistake, you just make sure you weren't charged more and go about your vacation and have a good time. You don't sit there and stew, be an asshole, and all but ruin your marriage because of it. But hey, maybe that's just me!
But that all changed during the penultimate episode of the season, when Shane makes it into the illusive Pineapple Suite. And it sure does... disappoint? Here's a side by side comparison of the two suites.
- The Palm Suite is brighter and has better vibes in my opinion.
- The Pineapple Suite seems dark and a bit dated. Maybe Shane likes it darker for setting the honey-mood?
- There are lots of palm leaves, truly everywhere. So much so that Shane's mom, Kitty, goes, "...all the palm fronds... it's a theme."
- There are lots of pineapples everywhere here, as well. I mean I love a theme as much as the next girl but Kitty even says, "Wow, this is a lot of pineapple. Not subtle with the theme."
- The Palm Suite's bed is a queen.
- The bed in the Pineapple Suite almost looks like a full? Maybe it's just the angle, but it's definitely not a King.
The Outdoor Space
- The Palm Suite has two patios with ocean views.
- The Pineapple Suite has a really big private outdoor space with a plunge pool that we have yet to see. There are no ocean views unless you look over the volcano.
So with all the photographic evidence, I gotta ask Shane... was it worth it? Was it? My verdict? Palm Suite all day long.